Monday, April 14, 2008

A wintery spring day

We can tell it's spring. One day it's 70 degrees and the next it's 48 degrees. Today it is the 48 degree day. But it is better than prematurely sending everything in to bloom and than freezing it all with 26 degree weather like last year. I have a new plant, a viburnum that has the most wonderful smelling blooms one can imagine and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Lilacs are also in bloom but I haven't stopped to smell them, yet. I will, however. Isn't spring great.

We have four more weeks of school till summer break. Man these years are going fast. May 21 I officiate my first wedding ceremony. I thought it was going to be a small affair but it keeps growing and I'm getting a little nervous. I know the preacher is supposed to keep things going but I don't know what I'm doing. I guess we will get through it one way or another.

My daughter finally got off the Coast Guard cutter that has been her home since she has been pregnant. It has been very hard on her and to make things worse, she caught a cold. I really feel for her. But she is home now and her husband can spoil her.

I'm waiting for my computer to download some files to tech support because I'm having trouble getting the program to do something I need for it to do so I am taking up time with my outdated blog here. But it looks like it is about finished so I'll sign off. Bye!

No comments: