Friday, September 28, 2007

We almost have a walkway

Since we have been in this house we haven't had a front sidewalk. When people come to our house they don't know which door to use and we aren't much better since the garage is full of tools and parts off the boat, as well as the boat itself, and the back door has new sod I don't want anyone to walk on much yet. So getting in to the house has been an adventure. But husband who always does such excellent work has laid out the forms for the new sidewalk and boy does it look great. It should be poured in the next few days. I only half jokingly commented that it will add $10,000.00 value to this house.
This weekend is going to be an organization weekend. I can no longer live not being able to get in the garage, having tools and papers all over the house, and not being able to find important things. This organization will take much stress off both Husband and me. I don't even mind the work because of the great payoff. Our dog is shedding and the house has to be vacuumed every day or every other day and we just don't have time. So Husband and I are going to put a top on the pen so she can't jump out. She would rather be outside anyway. Instantly we cut down on a huge amount of work!
This next week is very busy but I will be finishing up several important projects so I'm excited about getting so much accomplished. It always feels good to get things done. The Parade of Homes starts next weekend so I will be setting up the show house among other projects.
I hope Husband and I can find a little time this evening to go see a movie or go to the Bluegrass festival In Fayetteville.

No comments: